Learn to Meditate
There are many external crises. It is not always possible to do something about that. But the crises you create in your own mind – at least put a stop to that, and claim back your peace.
The most important journey you can take is the journey within, to the truth of who you really are. This is the place, just beyond every day consciousness, where spiritual empowerment begins. This is where you develop the power to choose creative thinking, rather than automated thinking … where you learn to respond, rather than react … where peace, love and harmony, rather than stress, conflict and chaos originate.
Meditation enables you to embark on this journey inwards. Meditation is time taken for quiet reflection and silence, away from the hustle and bustle of daily living. Meditation is also pausing for a moment, in the midst of chaos and commotion, to go inwards, in silence, to a silent place of centred being.
True silence is not a place without sound,
but a place in which we experience a deep sense of peace
and a pervasive awareness of our well-being. – Dadi Janki
Raja Yoga Meditation
We practice Raja Yoga meditation at Brahma Kumaris. It is a form of meditation that is without rituals or mantras and that is practised with ‘open eyes’. It is versatile, simple and easy to practice anywhere and at any time, for one or many minutes.
Raja Yoga meditation gives you a clear spiritual understanding of yourself, helps you re–discover and use the positive qualities already latent within you, enables you to develop your strengths of character and to create new attitudes and responses to life from a place of inner peace, clarity and self-control.
You begin to remember things about yourself that you once knew, but had long forgotten. You start to enjoy moments of silence and to savour periods of introspection and reflection. You start being more present to life itself … experiencing the peace and joy that is your essential birthright.
How to get started?
- Sign up for the first leg of our FREE Foundation course, called Raja Yoga meditation, at your nearest Brahma Kumaris centre.
- Learn how to meditate at www.learnmeditationonline.org
- Take a look at the video and audio meditations on our Resource page.
- Search in your app store for the following FREE meditation apps for your phone:
- Brahma Kumaris BeeZone
- Brahma Kumaris Meditation Lounge
- Brahma Kumaris Pause for Peace
- Insight Timer. This is not a Brahma Kumaris app, but it is one of the most highly rated meditation apps out there. It will aid you in setting up and sticking to a regular meditation and journalling schedule, and so much more – regardless of what you meditate to.
Brahma Kumaris is a registered non-profit organization NPO 066-100.
Administrative Head Office:
28 Judith Street, Observatory
TEL (+27) (0) 11 718 3001