Women of Spirit
Women have traditionally played second fiddle in society and in the home. We are often described as someone’s wife, mother, daughter or sister. We are often excluded from positions of leadership. We get paid less than men and our achievements are often not taken seriously. We have to be constantly vigilant of possible male aggression and sexual inappropriateness. Yet, we are also often elevated, put on pedestals and adored – especially for our appearance and sex appeal. The discrimination is multiplied for women of colour.
“Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.” – Janice Trachtman
Women of Spirit offers a safe space in which to meet and connect with like-minded women. A space in which we can journey within and claim and own our own power and wholeness – beyond looks and stereotypical roles. A space in which to share our struggles and triumphs, heal our emotional wounds, be validated, and restore our confidence, dignity and self-respect. A supportive, uplifting space in which we can evolve into aware, insightful and more powerful, joyous, peaceful versions of the wonderful spiritual beings that we are.
- Facilitate informative dialogue, honest interaction and silent and guided meditation
- Explore topics, such as:
- The many roles women play: traditional, family, partner, mother, work, community and more.
- Healing from abuse and violence
- The importance of forgiveness
- Beyond fear
- Overcoming anger
- Contributing to a better world
- Empowering girls and young women
- And much more
- Promote an understanding of spirituality as the most essential path to inner power
- Explore practical, as well as spiritual solutions
- Take place in the framework of mutual respect, confidentiality, peacefulness and speaking from the heart.
- Inner peace, tranquillity and contentment
- Increased sense of dignity, self-worth and self-respect
- A sense of belonging
- Reduced stress, anxiety, fear and anger
- Increased relaxation and overall sense of wellbeing
- Increased inner power and courage
- Increased freedom and inner independence
- Clarity and certainty about one’s place in the world
- Improved communication and relationships
- Hope, inspiration and a vision of a better way of living
- Personal growth, empowerment and transformation.
Who is this for?
Women of all cultures, faiths, ages and backgrounds.
Women of Spirit can also be formed, in-house, in corporate and organisational environments, on request.
All Brahma Kumaris events are offered free of charge, in a welcoming, safe and non-judgemental environment. All are welcome! Donations are appreciated, but not required.
Please check our monthly calendar of EVENTS to see if and when this particular offering is available at a centre close to you. If not, and you would like to see it presented in your suburb, town or city or at your organisation, please send us a message via the form at the bottom of this page.